WE CONCENTRATE ON PRESERVING YOUR RECORD AND GOOD NAME IN THE ARENA OF LOS ANGELES THEFT CRIME CASES
Carjacking Defense Attorney
California Penal Code 215 PC defines carjacking as the felonious taking a someone else’s motor vehicle from their immediate presence against his or her will using threat or force, with the intent to deprive permanently.
To prove that the defendant is guilty of this crime, the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that:
1. The defendant took a motor vehicle that was not their own;
2. The vehicle was taken from the immediate presence of a person who possessed the vehicle or was its passenger;
3. the vehicle was taken against that person’s will;
4. The defendant used force or fear to take the vehicle or to prevent that person from resisting;
5. When the defendant used force or fear to take the vehicle, they intended to deprive the other person of possession of the vehicle either temporarily or permanently.
If charged with carjacking you will need a very strong defense. At the Hedding Law Firm we will use our 75 years of combined knowledge and experience to aggressively defend your carjacking case. We are determined to succeed by obtaining a winning outcome for your carjacking case.
If a conviction results from a carjacking charge, the penalties range anywhere from 3 to 9 years in state prison depending on the circumstances. There are several factors to consider and to contest and that is why hiring an experienced, aggressive theft attorney to be on your side.
Contact our Los Angeles Carjacking Lawyers at the Hedding Law Firm today to review the facts of your case, police report and obtain answers to any questions that you may have concerning the charges against you.
With our Theft Crime Defense Attorneys you can expect a loyalty and trust that you can depend on to ensure your legal rights are well protected in the state of California.